Tuesday 18 June 2013

BUS1404 Introduction to Management - Reflective Journal

In the first day of lecture for module BUS1404 Introduction to Management, I expect the things I learn in this module will be very similar to People & Organization that I have learnt in Taylor’s Business Foundation but I drop the subject in the mid semester last year. I expected to learn how to manage people when we working as a manager in the future. Actually I have learned half of it in the previous year. After 12 weeks, what I have learnt in Introduction to Management is really similar as what I learnt in the previous year when I was in my foundation course. Some chapter is familiar to me because I already learned some last year but there are some I am not familiar with. In this module, I have learned how managers manage a team of workers. There are many ways for managers to manage a team of workers; they have different style to manage the workers. This module is not an easy subject; I know I have to put a lot more effort to study for final exam compared to those who already learned P&O in the previous year. This module have many theories to memorize therefore is it not an easy module to study. I do not really like management subject as go to this module because it have to memorize many things which I do not like to memorize things. Other than that, for assignment in this module, I do not like the way we pass up assignment online. This is because the website is always facing very serious server problem. Instead of passing up through TiMes to turnitin, I prefer we pass it up directly to turnitin website. Management is very important in an organization so it is very important in working life. This module is also very important to me when I become a manager in my future. I have to know how should I manage my subordinates and also motivate them so that they can work more effective and efficient. I should also know how to keep good relationship between my members in my team so that I can work easily with them. Other than that, the leadership skills that I had learned can help me to lead the team well now and in the future. Decision making skills is another important topic I had learned. As a manager, it is needed to make a decision fast and correctly. Since this module is important in my future, I will try my best to be good in it although I am not majoring in management.

No comments:

Post a Comment